College Football Week 13…
Light week in the race to be in the playoff. No one really has a big game this week so don’t expect any change in the rankings after the weekend. But Thanksgiving weekend, will have a couple of big games that will shape the playoff.
This is my ranking Top Ten non SEC-programs that have a chance to make the playoff. This is not my top ten college football schools. It is the top ten teams that have the best chance to get into the playoff system.
- Florida State- They take on Boston College. Get out your permanent markers and write their name on the line.
- Oregon – They take on Colorado this week. You can put them in as well. Unless they lose in the PAC-10 Championship.
- TCU- Closer game than it should have been against Kansas. No worries. They are off this week and should move up thanks to the bye week.
There you have it. FSU, TCU, and Oregon will be in the playoffs. This is my final answer.
Arizona State (OUT)
Michigan State/Ohio State- (OUT)
In my heart, I love the underdog. This is the only team from the non-Power 5 that could make the playoff.
4. Marshall- Smoked Rice and will smoke University of Alabama-Birmingham. They should be in the top 15, but there is a very strong bias against them by the voters.
Utah State (OUT)
Arkansas State (OUT)
The SEC is where all the action is for most college football fans. The first poll had the SEC with three teams in the top four for the playoff. This week, they still have two. The final poll will have them down to one and there is still a very real possibility that they have no teams in the playoff.
Auburn is still OUT for now. Georgia put it on Auburn last week. Auburn will look to get well against Samford. Next week will be big.
Alabama. They took care of business against Mississippi State and will coast against Western Carolina. The SEC needs them to win next week. We will see.
Ole Miss has a very dangerous game against Arkansas this week. The Rebels cannot afford to lose. Ole Miss 17 Arkansas 13.
- Mississippi State (29 Nov@ Ole Miss)
- Alabama (29 Nov Auburn)
- Ole Miss (21@ Arkansas, 29 Nov Miss State)
- Auburn (29 Nov@ Alabama)
Not many games this week that excite the senses. Enjoy the weekend putting up Christmas Lights.