Public Service Announcement….
We are going to suspend story time for a quick reminder about life. We all know have people in our lives that have “close calls” in life and death situations. I have a friend who had one of those last week. Serious stuff and he is very fortunate because if things didn’t go exactly right he would not have survived the event. Since I don’t have permission from my friend, I am intentionally not giving any details of his crisis.
But I will say this. Nothing in life is promised and when you think it can’t happen to you, hang on tight because it can and will. The Breaking News is this: No one gets out of this life alive. The only question is when is the clock going to run out. Now I am not trying to be morbid or flippant. I am making a point, life your life for today. Spend time with your family and friends. Be a person of Faith and live in peace with everyone because one day, we all will wake up dead.
Sermon time is over. On better news, I have been nominated for another blogger award from JSO, I don’t know her name but she is a fellow blogger. Also, I don’t know about her background or anything else as her biography page is lacking in details. It is her site and her life, I totally understand. But she tells about her life in the posts. You can check out her site here: http://palinodiae.wordpress.com/
My personal feeling on these awards is exactly the same opinion I had when I was in the military and presented with a medal. I used to say that all things being equal I would rather have some extra money. Please don’t let my sarcasm interfere with the fact that I am honored that anyone outside my family cares about the stories. I am very humbled and grateful at the nomination. Here is a comment from her latest post.
“I’m supposed to nominate 11 other blogs, but there are some complications to that, so I’ll just include a few. (Complications include the fact that this blog is actually kind of secret and unknown to just about everyone I know, so there goes the option of nominating people I know. The other complication is that I don’t know if the people I’d like to nominate would want that kind of publicity either. Heh. Birds of a feather.)
http://aopinionatedman.com/ He’s funny. Also a fellow yellow.
http://icombatstress.com/ A blog on PTSD. Always good for awareness.
http://infinitefreetime.com/ Entertaining, always.
https://robakers.wordpress.com/ He was in the airforce. Great storyteller”
I also follow the icombatstress.com website. It is a great place for the Vets and the rest of us to understand PTSD, stress and other factors that our Vets have to deal with.
I am flattered by her description of my site. I try to tell a great story and I appreciate her compliment. Thank You.
I don’t nominate other blogs for awards because we all like different things but when I come across a specular site I will just tell you about it. However, I do like to answer the questions that are asked. So here you go, seven answers to seven questions. If you want to play along, feel free to answer in the comment section.
Until next time, keep on rockin’
1. If you had $5 mil to donate to any 3 charities, which would it be, and why? Well, 5 Million isn’t what it used to be. I know this is kind of sappy but I would rent Disney World for a day and let those kids who have a tough life run around. I’m not sure 5 million is enough to get the place rented out though. So I might as well donate it to the government because they need the money more than the rest of us. If you don’t believe me, just ask them.
2. Describe the scariest story you were told as a child. I didn’t do scary story time as a kid, but that Scooby Doo really freaked me out. Never heard of a talking dog that liked Scooby Snacks. Have you tried one? They are scary bad.
3. What was the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done? Other than going to Iraq and Afghanistan, flying around at 75 feet for hundreds of miles, being shot at by rockets, missiles, bullets and rocks? Getting out of bed each morning.
4. If you could be whatever you wanted, no strings attached, and you could go back to living your life as if nothing happened, what would you choose to do? I would be invisible in a warm weather environment.
5. What aspect of yourself defines you the most? I am still a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
6. What advice would you give to a high school version of yourself? Two things: Don’t skip English class and don’t let your Mom throw away all those baseball cards.
7. Do you have a “happy place”? If so, describe it. At the house on my couch with the family watching a movie.